Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Newton LInchen's Observations on Course for Traders

I take liberty to post my esteemed friend, SpecList Author 's observations.

"Dear Prof.
I read the comment before your answer to it.I must tell you it has great merit to maintain such an aggressive comment in your blog, and it takes great humility and courage to answer it openly.I don't know the trading background of this person, but I'm suspicious of everyone who claims trading to be an easy task.Anyone who claims trading to be easy - surely doesn't make a living from trading. (That's why I don't like very much Dr. Brett books... It's clear to me that he is not a trader in the full meaning of the word. I rather to learn "trading psychology" from traders who really live from trading - In that matter, I would recommend an excellent book by Mark Fisher (the man who trained Paul Tudor Jones pit traders) - "The Logical Trader" (you find it at www.avaxhome.ws).You know, I also had my ugly ups and downs."BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, BOUGHT THE SHIRT"I started searching for guidance and I first found it in the person and work of Larry Williams (www.ireallytrade.com). Then I started to read other authors, (including Victor).The point is that I spend many years just to develop a conceptual framework for trading!!!! Many years just to understand (although roughly) the INTELECTUAL part of trading.Now, imagine my position, some time ago: being a market encyclopedia - and trading poorly.When I had enough bad trades, I realized that INTELECTUAL knowkedge of the markets wasn't enough.And... no "psycho trading" books were of ANY help.ANY. AT ALL.The first good "trading psychology" advise came from Larry Williams (I will quote it in my blog, next post!). It was something like this: "It's not the positive feelings that generate good trades...It's doing the right thing that generate good trades - and the good trades generate positive feelings."SO, there I was, stuck in the middle of bad trades - but "knowing" a lot about the markets. In sum, my TRADING didn't correspond to my KNOWLEDGE.Then I realized a trading METHOD that just solved every trading discipline issue I had. And it worked well for my students and for everyone who started using it. (I can disclosure it for you via skype).But, the point is: one struggle a LOT to achieve a minimal understanding of the markets - then, one have to struggle EVEN MORE to make this knowledge "work".I can see you are definitively in the path of making your knowledge work... And if I can be of some help in this process, I would be honored.
NAMASTE! " - Newton Linchen
I believe we all get resilience and humility from the exemplary path shown by the Chair Dr Victor Niederhoffer.

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...