Friday, November 20, 2009

NSE Adv- Dec Line : Identifying Day Structure

As an Intraday trader, I want to arrive at a working hypothesis of whether the day is trending or ranging? For this I use the following proxies inspired from Brett
  1. NSE A-D Line ( ADL): I would prefer a calculation from the open . As an intraday trader the overnight situation may be misleading . As of now I could not get ready caluculation.How this Adv-Dec is developing as the day progresses is an important factor in my decision to fade strength or trade for breakout moves. This will also guide me in position sizing, adjusting the tightness of stoplosses, Necessity for taking scalping profits or scratching the trade.
  2. SECTOR BEHAVIOR : How the leading sectors are behaving. What the leading stocks in these leading sectors doing. I am taking 5 stocks from 8 sectors ( IT, Pharma, Metals, Realty, OIL, Banking, Auto, FMCG)
  3. CORRELATED ASSETS : Behavior of USD/ INR, oil, Interest rates and commodities

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...