Tuesday, December 10, 2013

FDP session 3 & 4 Day1

Sessions 3 & 4 were taken by Prof  SSS Kumar.


  1. This is on pricing and he had a very intuitive explanation. I would recommend anybody wanting to teach financial derivatives to attend this program.
  2. His take on FRA s greatly impressed me and I have learnt and brushed up my basics on interest rate derivatives.
  3. He is crystal clear on what he is talking and one of the pioneers on Derivatives having written a book on financial derivatives.
  4. Now I would like to go back and read Paul Willmott on Derivatives which I am unable to crack 5 years ago.
  5. We had a good lunch with chicken at staff dining hall. I have noticed that many staff working at IIIMK are courteous and they are very satisfied with their work. Even auto drivers are courteous and ignored  Rs 5 change.
  6. Excellent interpretation of arbitrage profit and CCA and Reverse CCA. This brought me memories of teaching DRM at VJIM aLTHOUGH FOR a brIef period.

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...