Tuesday, December 10, 2013

IIMK FDP: Day 1, Session 1& 2

I could not sleep the previous day due to  my phone going dead and i am unable to find any phones nearby. Some how the phone started working in the night around 3 am. I think  necessity makes you innovate and learn new things.  Earlier I am not comfortable changing SIM cards. But yesterday I struggled with it and could overcome this fear.



  1. It is a very simple inauguration and very punctual.
  2. There are  8 participants from allover the country.
  3. The first session on Understanding Derivatives handled by Prof. Sony Thomas.
  4. We had nice interactive session. Some of the doubts raised by participants appeared  elementary to me as I had a first hand experience in the markets as an academic, investor, trader, and intermediary.
  5. As my daughter reads Sherlock Holmes in her english  lession , I am reminded of his remark " Elementary, My dear Watson."
  6. Many random thoughts crowded my mind as I kept listening to prof . Sony Thomas lecture.
  7. The discussion broght many personalities into mind like Nassim Taleb, J R Verma, Susan Thomas, Kiran Kumar Kotha, Ajay Shah, Michael Gorham.

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...