Sunday, December 8, 2013

Finance FDP s and workshops in DEC 2013

I am planning to attend FDP s and Workshops during Dec. I would like to refresh myself on Derivatives, SAPM, Valuation.


  1. This is the first time  I am attending an FDP at IIM.
  2. My first program is FDP on Financial Derivatives at IIMK. This is being conducted by Dr SSS Kumar who also studied at  SVUSBM , Tirupati from where I had taken my MBA.
  3. I am travelling from Hyd to Kozhikode via Banglore.
  4. I am extremely thankful to Narayanagroup  for sending me to this program.
  5. Financial Derivatives FDP is from Dec 10 - 14 .
  6. The IIMK campus is on a hill with excellent greenery. We are allotted at MDP guesthouse with terrific view of the hills.
  7. I have met my classmate from svusbm Dr  Bala Subramanyam  working at IIMK after his doctoral studies at IISc incidentally when I have gone for coffee.
  8. Strangely my phone stopped working when I reached Kozhikode. I went to a reliance shop outside iimk campus . He told the roaming will get activated in 3 hrs. Dr Prameela and Hita will be wondering about me.
  9. Tomorrow I am planning to buy some IIMK t shirts from Madcom at hostel H.
  10. My first lesson in negotiation started at the  Calicut Airport. The prepaid taxi service wrote 1450 Rs and gave a ticket to me. I got shocked and when I came out of Airport I changed my mind and said no to the deal. I negotiated with the taxiwallahs for  Rs 600. They arranged a shared cab with some people who are coming for thre same GDP from India group, pune and charged Rs 500 each. Thus I could save Rs 1000. This should be useful for my books.
  11. Kerala as they say is God's own country. Splendid coconut trees , hills and water greeted me from the airport to  IIMK road. People looked content and down to earth.

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...