Monday, August 10, 2009

Looking for Proximate Causes


Today after the NIFTY closed around 4400, many traders are asking the reasons for the fall.

  1. Media and analysts are citing proximate causes such as Monsoon
  2. I think as traders our job is not to ask why and search for reasons. Trade the price action reasons will come later
  3. Market focuses on whatever it wants and whenever it wants according to its Path of Least Resistance. Who are we as traders to ask the market to give reasons for a particular path.
  4. Following my method in the set risk parameters and in my time frame taking least possible heat in the trade, minimising the vig, trying to articulate my edge and looking for disconfirmation of my hypothesis will allow me to survive in this game.

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...