Monday, August 10, 2009

Indian Market Wizards


When I used to work with ICFAI, I had an idea of editing a book on Indian Market Wizards loosely modeled on Jack Schwager. Some personalities on Indian Markets I follow very intently. This is not a comprehensive list of course.

  1. Devangshu Datta : Columnist in Business standard. Very incisive and fluent analysis in Monday special Smart Investor. His two page analysis is worth reading, chewing and digesting. I specially like his way of explaining his thought process behind the trade recommendation which Dr Brett always advises.
  2. Udayan Mukherjee : Excellent commentary on Daily Stockmarket movement. I have many times benifitted from his themes and macro views. I think the traders' job is to synthesise various sorces of market information, opinion, analysis, recommendations, commentary and form his own trade hypothesis. Trader should always remind himself that nobody is responsible for his P/L except himself. Blaming others comes easily . I particulary admire the way he negotiates the short term daily fluctuations and ties them in a thematic frame work. His questions to Market analysts are striking compared to similar channels.
  3. Ajay Shah & Susan Thomas : Two finest Financial Economists in India. Ajay Shah's writing style is fluid and I read him very closely. His trade mark logic on business channels is worth watching which is packed with data and statistics rathe than anecdotal impressions.
  4. Sameer Arora : Sameer Arora 's ideas are very miuch packed with lot of analysis.
  5. Ashwani Gujral
  6. Deepak Mohoni : The man credited wiyh coining the term SENSEX as a short form of sensitive Index.
  7. JR Verma : The academician and SEBI SMAC Chairman and author of my favorite DRM book which I used to teach DFE at a B School in Hyderabad.
  8. Ruchir Sarma : Morgan Stanley
  9. Shankar Sarma : First Global
  10. Devina Mehra
  11. Mukul Pal at Orpheus Capital
This is a work in progress list. I verymuch welcome suggestions and additions to the list.

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...