Friday, December 9, 2011

Some Good Books on Academic Finance by Mirza Rafath

I have seen the blog of Mirza  Rafath who is a MBA faculty and runs highly successful training for students.
I quote his comments on two books which I also liked most when as an associate professor in VJIM. I have adopted those books for my finance specialization classes. I really cherish that experience as the students are very demanding and expected the best. I learned a lot from them.
The Second preference must be given to the Text Book of P.G. APTE’s “INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT”. Almost all college libraries will definitely have this book. The book covers more than 90% of the syllabus and is written with Indian perspective. Any student who wants to follow OU MBA SYLLABUS for IF must prefer P.G. APTE’s books. This book provides knowledge + covers majority of syllabus. IF any student is interested in using both books Levi’s and Apte’s, then that would be excellent because one gives international exposure and the other Indian.
Another best book by foreign authors is INVESTMENTS: ANALYSIS AND BEHAVIOUR BY MARK HIRSCHEY AND JOHN NOFSINGER TATA MCGRAW HILL (SPECIAL INDIAN EDITION).

Link to Mirza Rafath's BLOG.

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...