Saturday, December 17, 2011

Quant Finance - Books I am reading

I am fortunate to get hold of three books on quant finance - Thanks to my friend B N Reddy who has kindly brought it from USA via his daughter. I find it very common to see people who have not read any literature on quant finance to deride it which has become a fashion.

  1.  FAQs on Quantitative Finance by Paul Wilmott. A legendary name in Quant finance and creator of CQF.
  2. My Life as a Quant by Emmanuel Derman. A physicist's take on Finance and markets.
  3. Quants by Scott patterson. Where he sketches about colorful personalities like Aaron Brown, Paul wilmott, Ed Thorp, Jim Simons .
  4. I like to think  Victor Niederhoffer of DailySpec as the original quant.


No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...