Saturday, September 19, 2009

Trader Education


I have noticed increased interest in Trading Education. Yesterday I attended a 1-Day Course on Trading by Mr Vivek Khemka, CA and CFP by Qualification. Some of my observations

  1. Youth are increasingly participating in the Trading of stocks. Business Line also reported on a Google survey .
  2. Online trading increasingly democratised access to financial markets.
  3. IT & Software employees are increasingly being attracted to Trading the markets. This is anecdotal evidence of my observations.
  4. Youth is adapting currency trading diversifying away from stocks.
  5. I have observations of Women Traders also actively trading in Hyderabad and even special branches of Brokerages for women in Hyderabad.
  6. Some of the trading educators in Hyderabad whom I have come across are Mr Ajay Kumar, Mr Vivek Khemka, Mr Damodar Sai. Their focus is on TA and Chart patterns with a bit of Trading psychology and money management thrown in.
  7. Some times I wonder what is the prerequisite for a trading educator. Because there is no curriculum or Common body of Knowledge as in other fields. Lot of opacity and non verifiable track records in this field.

2 comments:

trader said...

NamastĂȘ,

Gangineni,

We were missing you!

Nice post - as usual - with keen observations.

PS: Have you received my e-mails?

Gangineni Dhananjhay said...

Hi Newton,

Pleasure is all mine. Lately I am attending family work and struggling with a bit of drawdown. Happy to be back. Received the mails.

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...