Monday, July 27, 2009

Some thoughts on my Trading


Today is a range day in the markets, masking stock specific action.

1. Delay in F&O segment orders on NSE caught me on the wrong foot in HDIL futures. As there is no order confirmation, I have sold two futures short and increased my trading size dramatically.
2. On hind sight I could have waited for my level of 273 as discussed in the previous post which is ATP + one SD. It could have minimized my heat on the trade.
3. On the cash segment also I have gone short increasing my exposure. Luckily I am able to scratch the trade on weakness around 12 am.
4. I should not violate my own concept of shorting a stock above open and ATP and sector RS as DLF and Unitech are showing strength.
5. Power failure irritated me and gone to brokers office and scratched the trades.
6. Scalped some trades on DLF and Tata motors trying to fade after results announcement.
7. Dr Brett has good posts on respecting size in trading and how drama leads to trauma in trading. He elaborates on how the trader becomes a different person when he puts on the trade and when he is managing the trade
8. Lot of tension and release on HDIL as it closes at 275. Most active list. Results on 29 th.
9. Anouncements on Share holding, FM announcements on Real estate.
10. Look to see the stock reaction tommorrow. I want to be prepared to fade any post results strength. RBI policy may also affect rate sensitives.

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...