Thursday, December 17, 2009

Afraid to Trade Options


I had interacted today with many option traders who apparently know nothing about the concept of Volatility. I shiver at the description of their trading strategy confined to directional option bets. Disregard or lack of understanding for Time Decay or Implied Volatility.



  1. Interesting post on Options

  2. What are the parameters to look for in deciding whether option is attractively priced ?

  3. Are we aware that Option is a non linear convex instrument unlike stocks or Futures ?

2 comments:

trader said...

Dear Prof.

Some of the most horrific trading losses I heard of were in options trading - pure directional bet, and the guy didn't realize the expiration date was a week away.

I believe options are the greatest sirens that lure sailors into waters of financial bankruptcy.

Gangineni Dhananjhay said...

Dear Newton,

These are some of the things I want to spread awareness in my new venture. Democratisation of financial market education is one area that is coming closer withweb 2.0.

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...