Saturday, September 24, 2011

VOLATILITY

Volatility or Vol as Market participants call it affectionately is the soul of Financial Markets. Recently I came across lot of resources on Volatility as my research also involves survey on Volatility.


  1. Nobel Laureate Robert F Engle  on VOLATILITY. His FT Lectures here.
  2. R F Engle's take on Financial Market Volatility on Youtube.
  3. Interview with Engle by FX Diebold.
  4. In fact I am greatly influenced by Dr K Kiran Kumar of NISM for introducing me and being a teacher of  Financial Econometrics at NISM in his EERF Summer Schools. Engle has actually participated in a conference at NISM two years back.
  5. One book that is extremely lucid in explaining financial econometrics is  Chris Brooks.

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...