Friday, August 20, 2010

Where will the market go today?

This is a common query by market participants. I have a different opinion on this.

  1. As an intra-day trader I dont like to have a fixed opinion on the market direction.
  2. The moment I express my directional opinion if any I am locked into this opinion and finding it difficult to trade.
  3. Each instrument you trade has a different market. Many participants may not recognise this. They may not necessarily follow the broad market direction.
  4. Though this may appear simple , clarity in basics will be of utmost importance.
  5. The amount of information already reflected in the stock price and the trader's evaluation of this relative opinion ( ex : Crompton Greaves reaction to Avantha Power IPO, Sesagoa's inclusion in NIFTY, KVB's reaction to Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's announcements )

No comments:

Market Structure differences 2010 Vs 2020

Some of the changes I have observed in Market structure in 2020 compared to around 2010 Huge increase in trading Volumes Predominant ...